Update by user Jun 20, 2013

This is a "cookie cutter" copy and paste response!I understand locally owned and operated.

I work very hard to maintain ownership of my property. Would you want amateurs making repairs on your home? While paying them the high costs of the labor? People trust franchises like these and should be warned.

I would want to be warned. Wouldn't you? I could have hired "guy around the corner"; but I wanted a professional. Again...

Warning! MrHandyman in Metro East, IL, is unprofessional, , inadequate, unqualified and full of excuses. Protect your property and save your money! :( GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

Unemployment rate in USA is too high to waste :( :( money and jeopardize your property!!!Delete Reply Reply to All Forward Move Spam Actions Next Previous

Original review posted by user Jun 19, 2013

Warning!!!Do not use Mr.

Handyman of Metro East, IL!! You will regret it!! The company is unprofessional and offer unqualified services. Do not be fooled with its elaborate website.

Mr. Handyman companies are individual owned. The webpage is general for all locations. I contacted Mr.

Handyman of Metro East to complete odd jobs around my condo. I immediately received a scheduled in-home evaluation; however, the technician rescheduled my appointment one day prior and arrives late to the next one. Moving along, I thoroughly walk the tech through my condo informing of the services needed. The tech stated he understood my requests, could complete the jobs with ease and would get back with me with written costs/estimate.

At that time, tech took with him a sample of my wood work for matching. I never seen or heard from the tech again. I called the office repeatedly for follow-up and have only spoken to the secretary. I have left many messages for the tech and owner to call me back.

I never received a call back or my wood sample. Eventually, I gave up calling and kissed my wood sample good-bye. I believe the company could not complete some of the jobs of requested, did not want the job or the job would not generate enough money! Either way, the professional thing to do was to contact letting me whether they were still interested or not.

I would not recommend Handyman of Metro East, IL to anyone; nor would I take a chance allowing them to repair any work. You are most likely to receive a patch up job; if they follow back up with you, than a fix!!

Be careful!!!

Had an Experience with Mr Handyman?

Comments

Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States #666619

The Mr.Handyman HQ team is so sorry to hear about your experience with the locally owned and operated franchise in your area.

We have shared your comments with our team here and will follow up right away with the franchise owner. For more than 10 years, Mr. Handyman has been committed to completing hundreds of maintenance, repair and improvement projects by our professional technicians and giving great customer service. Please contact us directly at our Ann Arbor, Mich.

office at handy@mrhandyman.com to share any more details as we work with the owner and his team to find out more about this situation.We appreciate you letting us know and apologize for the lack of communication you received.

shrbur